Your Cat® S61 has an integrated thermal imaging camera which can visualise and measure contrasting surface temperatures. It can locate a heat source up to 400°C, even in complete darkness, and is controlled using the MyFLIR app.
- The temperature indicated is always a calculated estimate and should not be taken as an exact measurement.
- The temperature is affected by many factors, including distance to the object and the object’s effectiveness in emitting energy as thermal radiation.
- Temperatures may also be influenced by the time of day, weather conditions, or reflections of other objects in the vicinity.
Using the thermal camera
- Iron is the default palette with 'hot' shown yellow and ‘cold’ purple. You can change the palette options for different situations. For example, to see the hottest point in view, select the Hottest palette.
- Mode switches between a photo, video or a time lapse. Captured photos and videos are saved within the MyFLIR Gallery.
- The 3-Lines menu icon in the top left corner opens the Settings menu. Here you can find links to Tips & Tricks and Community pages.
- Select the Cross hair icon to add area average, screen average and spot measurements. You can add up to three movable spot meters.
- Tap the Alignment icon to adjust the visual-camera and thermal camera alignment. This may be necessary if you are taking a close-up, similar to the macro mode on a digital SLR camera.