Your Cat® phone comes with Gmail as the default email app.
Note: To set up Gmail, you must first create a Google Account.
Creating a Google Account
1. Go to Settings.
2. Tap Accounts > Add Account.
3. Tap Google, then follow the on-screen instructions.
During set-up, you may have configured your device to an existing Gmail account. The first time you open the Gmail app, your inbox will contain the messages from this account.
Swipe up from the Home Screen. Then, tap the Gmail icon.
Adding a non-Google account to Gmail
Gmail now supports third-party IMAP email accounts; for example, Outlook, which can be added within the app.
1. Open Gmail.
2. Tap the circular Menu Icon in the top right corner of the screen.
3. Select Add another account.
4. There will be a list of options (Google, Outlook, Hotmail, Live, Yahoo, Exchange, Other). Select the option that best applies to you.
Note: If using Other or an Enterprise account, please follow the specific log in settings associated with those accounts.
5. Once you have selected your email account option, follow the on-screen login instructions > tap Sign In.
6. The next screen asks you to grant Gmail access to your account. Select Yes.
7. Select the account options you would like applied on your account > tap Next.
8. Fill in the account name and your name to be displayed > tap Next.
9. Your email account will be successfully added to the Gmail app.
Switching between email accounts
Tap the circular Menu Icon in the top right corner of the screen, then select the email account you want to view.
Creating and sending an email
1. On the Inbox screen, tap the multicoloured (+) button in the bottom right corner.
2. Enter the message recipient’s email address in the To field.
Tip: To send the email to several recipients, separate each email address with a space.
3. To Cc or Bcc other recipients, tap the Down Arrow at the right of the To field to display the Cc/Bcc fields.
4. Enter the email subject and compose your message.
5. If you want to add a picture attachment, tap Attach file to select a file.
6. To send, tap the Paper Aeroplane icon.
Replying or forwarding an email
1. Select the email you want to reply to/forward on the Inbox screen.
2. Tap the Curved Arrow reply icon to reply. Or, tap the 3-Dots to select Reply all or Forward.
Customising your Gmail settings.
1. Go to Gmail, then tap the 3-Lines menu icon in the top left of the screen.
2. Tap Settings > General settings/the email account you want to customise.
3. Select an option and change the required settings.