Your Cat® device comes with the Gmail app as the default email app on your phone.
Creating a Google Account
1. Go to Settings
2. Tap Users & accounts > Add account
3. Tap Google, then follow the on-screen instructions.
During set-up, you may have configured your device to an existing Gmail account. The first time you open the Gmail app, your inbox will contain the messages from this account.
Swipe up from Home Screen > Gmail.
Adding a non-Google account to Gmail
Gmail now supports third-party IMAP email accounts and can be added inside the app.
1. Open Gmail
2. Tap the Menu Icon in the top right.
3. On the drop-down menu tap Add account.
4. There will be a list of options (Google, Outlook, Yahoo, Exchange, Other) select the option that best applies to you.
Note: If using Other or an Enterprise account, please follow the specific log in settings associated with those accounts.
5. Once you have selected your email account option, follow the on-screen login instructions > Tap Sign In.
6. The next screen will be requiring you to grant Gmail access to your account > Tap Yes.
7. Select the account options you would like applied on your account > Tap Next.
8. Fill in the account name and your name to be displayed > Tap Next.
9. Your account will be successfully added to Gmail.
Switching between accounts
Tap the account selection box in the top right of the screen, then tap the account you want to view.
CREATING AND SENDING AN EMAIL
1. On the Inbox screen, tap the plus (+) button.
2. Enter the message recipient’s email address in the To field.
- To send the email to several recipients, separate the email addresses with spaces.
- To Cc or Bcc other recipients, tap V to display the Cc/Bcc fields.
3. Enter the email subject and compose your message.
- If you want to add a picture attachment, tap the Paper clip icon in the top right corner > Attach file, to select a file.
4. To send, tap the Arrow Icon.
REPLYING OR FORWARDING EMAIL
1. Select the email on the Inbox screen.
2. Tap to reply, or tap to select Reply all or Forward.
CUSTOMISING YOUR GMAIL SETTINGS
1. On the Gmail home screen > tap Settings.
2. Choose General settings or an Email account.
3. Tap an option and change the necessary settings.