Switching from an iPhone® iOS operating system to a Cat® phone Android™ system is easy.
Note: When performing a data backup, we advise you to back up your data over a wifi connection rather than data to ensure a proper backup with no interruptions.
Step 1: Download Google Drive
1. Download the Google Drive app to your iPhone.
2. Sign in with your Google account.
Tip: If you don't have a Google account, you can create one when you download the app.
3. If you already have Google Drive installed, ensure that it's updated to the latest version.
Step 2: Back up your data
1. Open the Google Drive app
2. Go to Settings > tap Backup.
3. You can choose which specific things you want to backup or you can back everything up at once.
Step 3: Turn off iMessage
1. Go to Settings on your iPhone®.
2. Scroll down to Messages > Tap the toggle to the left to turn off iMessage
Step 4: Sign in on your new Cat® Phone
1. Power on your Cat® device, and proceed with the setup steps.
2. When prompted, sign in to your Google account > tap Next.
3. Choose to keep your Google account updated with your phone number > tap skip or "Yes I'm in".
4. Tap "I agree" to the Google Terms of Service
5. Check or uncheck each service you would like to use that is included with Google Services > tap Accept.
6. Proceed with the final steps and your Cat® device will be set up with your most recent backup.