The yellow Programmable key allows you to open specific apps on either short or long presses. You can assign the Programmable key to perform various functions, in some circumstances while the screen is locked.
How to configure the Programmable key
1. Go to Settings > Programmable key.
2. You will be given three programmable options: PTT mode (Push-To-Talk), Short press, and Long press.
3. Tap on Short press. This will open a list of applications that you can assign to the Programmable key. For example, the Camera app.
4. Tap on Long press and select an alternative option. For example, the Calendar app.
5. Now, when you short press or long press the Programmable key, the respective apps will open.
Slide the PTT mode switch to the right, to assign Push-To-Talk mode to the Programmable key.
Tip: PTT Apps such as Zello PTT Walkie Talkie is available for download from the Google Play Store app on your phone.
Tip: Sprint offers a PTT app called Sprint Direct Connect Plus. This is a premium service available to Sprint customers. For more information, visit https://www.sprint.com/en/support/services/sprint-direct-connect-plus.html