If you are experiencing poor phone reception, this guide will help you to understand the reasons why this may be happening.
- If you are struggling to hear the call, please check that your phone's volume is adjusted to a suitable level.
- Ensure Airplane mode is off. Settings > Network & internet > Airplane mode > toggle off.
- Power cycle your phone to force a rescan to possibly find a closer cell site.
- When using your phone in areas with poor signal - for example, near high buildings or in underground basements - the call quality may be adversely affected.
- If using your phone during a high intensity call period - for example, during rush hour - call failure may be caused
- by network congestion.
- Ensure your phone has the latest software installed. Settings > System > System update > Check for update
Tip: If there is poor signal, your phone will attempt to communicate by searching for a base station signal. As a result, your battery will discharge more quickly. Standby time is, therefore, reduced when using your phone is used in an area with poor signal.