Some apps (for example, Gmail) provide access to the same information that you can add, view and edit on other devices. If you add, change or delete information in any of these apps on other devices, the updated information will also appear on your device.
Note: The process occurs in the background and does not interfere with your device. When your device is synchronising, a data synchronisation icon will be shown in the notification bar.
Managing your accounts
You can synchronise contacts, email and other information on your device with multiple Google accounts or other accounts, depending on the apps you have installed.
For example, adding a personal Google account means your personal email, contacts, and calendar entries are always available. You can also add a work account, so your work-related emails, contacts and calendar entries are kept separate.
Adding an account
1. Go to Settings.
2. Tap Accounts. The screen will show your current synchronisation settings and a list of your current accounts.
Note: In some cases, account details may need to be obtained from your network administrator support. For example, you may need to know the account’s domain or server address.
3. Tap + Add Account.
4. Tap the account type to add.
5. Follow the on-screen instructions to enter the required and optional information about your account. Most accounts require a username and password, but the details depend on the kind of account and the configuration of the service to which you are connecting to.
6. When you are finished, your account will be added to the list in the Accounts settings screen.
Removing an account
An account and all information associated with it can be removed from your device, including email, contacts, settings, and so on. Some accounts, however, cannot be removed, such as the first account you signed into on your device. If you attempt to remove certain accounts, be aware that all personal information associated with it will be deleted.
1. On the Accounts settings screen, tap the account to delete.
2. Tap Remove Account, then again when prompted to confirm.
Changing an account's synchronisation settings
1. On the Accounts settings screen, tap the account.
2. Tap Account Sync. The data and synchronisation screen will open, displaying a list of information that the account can synchronise.
3. Enable the items you want to sync by sliding the respective data switch to the right.