The yellow Programmable key allows you to open specific apps on either short or long presses. You can assign the Programmable key to perform various functions, in some circumstances while the screen is locked.
How to configure the Programmable key
1. Go to Settings > Programmable key.
2. You will be given three programmable options: PTT mode (Push-To-Talk), Double Tap, and Long press.
3. Tap on Double Tap. This will open a list of applications that you can assign to the Programmable key. For example, the Camera app.
4. Tap on Long press and select an alternative option. For example, the Calendar app.
5. Now, when you short press or long press the Programmable key, the respective apps will open.
Slide the PTT mode switch to the right, to assign Push-To-Talk mode to the Programmable key.
Tip: The Zello PTT Walkie Talkie is available in the Rugged Work & Tools category of the App Toolbox. Once installed on your device, your Cat® phone can turn into a walkie talkie when PTT mode is activated.