The orange Programmable key allows you to assign specific apps on either short or long presses while the screen is locked.
How to configure the Programmable key
1. Go to Settings > Programmable key.
2. You will be given three programmable options: PTT mode (Push-To-Talk), Double Tap, and Long press.
3. Tap on Double Tap. This will open a list of applications that you can assign to the Programmable key. For example, the Camera app.
4. Tap on Long press and select an alternative option. For example, the Calendar app.
5. Now, when you double tap or long press the Programmable key, the associated apps will open.
Slide the PTT mode switch to the right, to assign Push-To-Talk mode to the Programmable key.
Tip: The Zello PTT Walkie Talkie App is available on the Google Play Store. Once installed on your device, your Cat® phone can turn into a walkie talkie to communicate with other Zello users when PTT mode is activated.
Note: Only one option (PTT, long-press, or short-press) can be enabled at a time.
Note: Assigned functions such as Flashlight can be used even when the phone is locked.