If you are experiencing issues with your device, such as crashing, running slow, or freezing then we would recommend the following resets.
Option 1: Some devices have a reset button. Open the SIM door and find a small round hole. Press that with a paper clip or similar for 5 seconds and then power the device back up.
Option 2: A reset can also be done by pressing the power key down for 20 seconds. The device will vibrate and restart.
Note: Neither of the above reset options will remove any data from the device.
Note: Before proceeding with a factory reset make sure to back up the data on your phone. If you perform a factory reset, all of your personal data from the internal device storage, including account information, system and application settings, and any downloaded applications will be erased.
Resetting your device does not erase any system software updates that have been downloaded or any files on a microSD card, such as music or photos.
Option 1: Backing up to a Google Account:
- Select Settings > System > Backup > Enable and select Backup Now.
- Make sure the relevant files and apps are being stored by enabling these within Backup details.
- To add a Google Account to your phone, go to Settings > System > Backup > Add account.
Option 2: Saving files to a PC or an external drive:
- Connect your device to a PC or an external drive using a USB cable.
- Make sure your phone is unlocked and pull the notification bar down.
- Tap on Android System • Charging this device via USB. Under USB Preferences and USE USB FOR select File transfer. You will now be able to access your phone's folders on your PC.
- Select the files you would like to save and store on your PC or external drive. Those can then be transferred back to your phone after the factory reset is complete.
Android 11: Settings > System > Advanced > Reset options > Delete all data (factory reset) > Erase all data.
Android 10: Settings > System > Advanced > Reset options > Erase all data (factory reset) > Delete all data.
Android 9: Settings > System > Advanced > Reset options > Erase all data (factory reset) > RESET PHONE.
Android 8: Settings > System > Reset > Factory data reset > RESET PHONE.