Some apps (for example, Gmail and Calendar) on your Cat® S53 provide access to the same information that you can add, view and edit on other devices. If you add, change or delete information in any of these apps on other devices, the updated information will also appear on your device.
Note: The process occurs in the background and does not interfere with your device. When your device is synchronizing, a data synchronization icon will be shown in the notification bar.
Managing your accounts
You can synchronize contacts, email and other information on your device with multiple Google Accounts or other accounts, depending on the apps you have installed.
For example, adding a personal Google Account means your personal email, contacts, and calendar entries are always available. You can also add a work account, so your work-related emails, contacts and calendar entries are kept separate.
Adding an account
1. Swipe up from the Home Screen > Settings.
2. Tap Accounts. The screen will show your current synchronization settings and a list of your current accounts being used in related applications.
3. Tap + Add account.
4. Tap the account type to add.
5. Follow the on-screen instructions to enter the required and optional information about your account. Most accounts require a username and password, but the details depend on the kind of account and the configuration of the service to which you are connecting to.
6. When you are finished, your account will be added to the list in the Accounts settings screen.
Note: In some cases, account details may need to be obtained from your network administrator support. For example, you may need to know the account’s domain or server address.
Removing an account
An account and all information associated with it can be removed from your device, including email, contacts, settings, etc. Some accounts, however, cannot be removed, such as the first account you signed into on your device. If you attempt to remove certain accounts, be aware that all personal information associated with it will be deleted.
1. On the Accounts settings screen, tap the account to delete.
2. Tap REMOVE ACCOUNT, then again when prompted to confirm.
Customizing your account synchronization
Background data use and synchronization options can be configured for all the applications on your device. You can also configure the kind of data synchronized for each account. Some applications, such as Contacts and Gmail, can synchronize data from multiple applications.
Synchronizing is two-directional for some accounts and changes made to the information on your device are made to the copy of that information on the web. Some accounts support only one-way synchronization and the information on your device is read-only.
Changing an accounts synchronization settings
1. On the Accounts settings screen, tap the account.
2. Tap Account sync. The data and synchronization screen will open, displaying a list of information that the account can synchronize.
3. Enable the items you want to sync by sliding the respective data switch to the right. To disable automatic sync, slide the respective data switch to the left.